Sales Development Representative
XNOR.ai brings state-of-the-art artificial intelligence to the edge. XNOR’s platform allows companies to run complex deep learning algorithms, formerly restricted to the cloud, locally on a range of devices including mobile phones, drones, and wearables. This new, highly scalable approach ensures complete privacy of data, eliminates the need for connectivity, and significantly reduces memory load and power demands, all without compromising accuracy or performance. XNOR is a venture-funded startup, founded on award-winning research conducted at the University of Washington and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. XNOR’s industry-leading technology is used by global corporations in aerospace, automotive, retail, photography, and consumer electronics.
As a startup, we are faced with new markets, new products, and new models on a regular basis. Typical sales teams need to assess their customer’s wants and needs. We have to assess the viability of our clients’ products, because our success depends on their success. This means we must be flexible, fast learners who can quickly command respect from clients with deep subject matter expertise.
And while we are doing that learning, we must never lose sight of our core mission, which is to bring in the revenue that keeps Xnor going. Xnor provides a powerful solution to people building compelling products across many verticals and we are the tip of that spear. Whether networking our way to the right person, managing inbound leads, qualifying and nurturing a deal, or closing a contract, it is up to us to manage this cycle, drive it forward, close deals and extract learnings to make this scalable.
The Sales Development Rep (SDR) works closely with Senior Sales Reps. SDRs contact marketing- qualified inbound leads via email and phone, and reach out to targeted cold-leads via email and phone. SDRs also meet with the clients to qualify the opportunity. The SDR articulates Xnor’s value proposition and high level technical specifications. He or she asks probing questions and reliably qualifies the likelihood that the lead is a real opportunity. Successful candidates possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, have a passion for proactive outreach and building strong customer relationships, and exhibit discipline when it comes to productivity and qualification processes.
- Reach out to inbound marketing leads in one business day
- Follow up at a fast and regular cadence until leads are qualified or marked as “dead”
- Cold call and cold email leads generated by lists from the marketing departments
- Follow up on cold call leads on a prescribed schedule
- Meet with prospects, qualify them, get to the right stakeholders
- Hand off the transactions to a Senior Sales Representative, with the exception of named accounts (named by the VP of Sales), which you will be responsible for closing yourself (depending on experience).
- At least 6 months experience cold-calling
- Demonstrated excellence in related areas of work including: Relationship-building, information gathering, persuasion, and repetitive interpersonal tasks
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Good at getting people to share important information
- Comfortable asking strangers to do things for them
- Highly organized
- History of consistently outperforming the vast majority of your peers in a similar role
- Speaks fluidly and credibly about technical and product matters
- History of selling to product owners
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Gym membership
- Conference travel
- Culture of learning
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Regular team activities
- Standing Desks
- Waterfront views
- Support for obtaining a visa through its immigration attorney, and pays the necessary expenses
Xnor.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.