Location: Seattle, WA
XNOR.ai brings state-of-the-art artificial intelligence to the edge. XNOR’s platform allows companies to run complex deep learning algorithms, formerly restricted to the cloud, locally on a range of devices including mobile phones, drones, and wearables. This new, highly scalable approach ensures complete privacy of data, eliminates the need for connectivity, and significantly reduces memory load and power demands, all without compromising accuracy or performance. XNOR is a venture-funded startup, founded on award-winning research conducted at the University of Washington and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. XNOR’s industry-leading technology is used by global corporations in aerospace, automotive, retail, photography, and consumer electronics.
As a team, we are working to define and solve the hardest problems in computer vision and AI. Our roots are in research, which means at our core, we value learning, intellectual curiosity, and self-starters. We are proud to maintain a high engineering bar as our team scales, and it’s clear to anyone that works with our code that our development process favors quality. The software we write is portable across many platforms with little to no change. Our engineering team is relatively small so your initiative and input will deliver meaningful impact to our platform. We stand by the importance of sticking with hard problems and working to solve them semi-autonomously at first. As a team, we are always willing to help but look for people who are committed to figuring things out.
As a startup, we never shoehorn people into fixed roles. At XNOR.AI, there is no hard line between machine learning and engineering. We expect our engineers to understand how deep learning works and our research scientists to be able to code. This shared understanding results in deep collaborations that enable our team to rapidly develop novel models and optimized infrastructures of the highest production quality.
As a Mobile engineer on the XNOR team, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of a startup team with close ties to the research community at the University of Washington and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. You will be responsible for writing high-performance, well-tested code for Android and/or iOS platforms. Our ideal team member is fearless when it comes to trying new things, is adept at reasoning about computer systems performance, and is willing to iterate on ideas. We value team members who can quickly prototype, iterating all the way to high-quality implementations.
- Strong understanding of the Swift language and APIs, and/or expertise working with Android SDKs in Java.
- Develop a high-fidelity user-experience on Android and/or iOS.
- Maintain and test high-quality mobile apps in the iOS App Store or Google Play.
- Automate and scale out benchmarking infrastructure on mobile.
- Leverage on-device accelerators like the mobile GPU, NPU, DSPs.
- Provide strong feedback to peers during code reviews.
Ideal Qualifications (one or more of the following):
- Experience in at least one deep learning framework (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe).
- Experience with Qualcomm-based Android devices.
- Experience with Android’s Camera2 API and/or NDK.
- Experience with iOS’s Metal API.
- Experience with performance optimization for multi-core CPUs, mobile GPUs.
- Experience with ARM, CUDA, and/or FPGA platforms.
- Experience with C++, Objective C, Swift, and/or Java.
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Support for obtaining a visa through its immigration attorney, and pays the necessary expenses
- Unlimited FTO
- Conference travel
- Culture of learning
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Regular team activities
- Standing Desks
- Waterfront views