Location: Seattle, Washington
XNOR.ai brings state-of-the-art artificial intelligence to the edge. XNOR’s platform allows companies to run complex deep learning algorithms, formerly restricted to the cloud, locally on a range of devices including mobile phones, drones, and wearables. This new, highly scalable approach ensures complete privacy of data, eliminates the need for connectivity, and significantly reduces memory load and power demands, all without compromising accuracy or performance. XNOR is a venture-funded startup, founded on award-winning research conducted at the University of Washington and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. XNOR’s industry-leading technology is used by global corporations in aerospace, automotive, retail, photography, and consumer electronics.
As a team, we are working to define and solve the hardest problems in computer vision and AI. Our roots are in research, which means at our core, we value learning, intellectual curiosity, and self-starters. We are proud to maintain a high engineering bar as our team scales, and it’s clear to anyone that works with our code that our development process favors quality. The software we write is portable across many platforms with little to no change. We are in the early stages of building out our web presence and developer portal, so your initiative and input will deliver meaningful impact to our platform. We stand by the importance of sticking with hard problems and working to solve them semi-autonomously at first. As a team, we are always willing to help, but look for people who are committed to figuring things out.
As a startup, we never shoehorn people into fixed roles. At XNOR.AI, there is no hard line between machine learning and engineering. We expect our engineers to understand how deep learning works and our research scientists to be able to code. This shared understanding results in deep collaborations that enable our team to rapidly develop novel models and optimized infrastructures of the highest production quality.
As a Front-end engineer on the XNOR team, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of a start-up team with close ties to the research community at the University of Washington and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. You will be responsible for building our developer portal and web presence from the ground up. This portal will tie into XNOR’s model generation tools and handle distributing our models so experience working with cloud services like Google Cloud or AWS is beneficial. Our ideal team member is fearless when it comes to trying new things, and is willing to iterate on ideas. We value team members who can quickly prototype, iterating all the way to high-quality implementations.
- Experience with web application frameworks such as React, Angular, etc.
- High engineering standards -- experience with code reviews and thoroughly testing code.
- Experience with a version control system -- we use Git.
- Build a fast and portable developer portal front-end from the ground up to match XNOR.ai’s charter of efficient and portable deep learning.
- Integrate with restful APIs for scalable distribution of machine learning models.
- Set engineering standards for our front-end to create a developer portal which is scalable and maintainable as our team grows.
Ideal Qualifications (any of the following is a plus):
- Experience with Python, Java, or C++.
- Experience with server-side technologies.
- Experience with CMS systems.
- Experience with SEO and website analytics.
- Experience with Google Cloud, AWS, or similar cloud services.
- A public portfolio or samples of your work that can be shared with us.
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Comprehensive healthcare plan
- Visa petitioning
- Unlimited FTO
- Conference travel
- Culture of learning
- Healthy snacks and team lunches
- Regular team activities
- Standing desks
- Waterfront views
XNOR.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.