Location: Seattle, Washington
XNOR.ai brings state-of-the-art artificial intelligence to the edge. XNOR’s platform allows companies to run complex deep learning algorithms, formerly restricted to the cloud, locally on a range of devices including mobile phones, drones, and wearables. This new, highly scalable approach ensures complete privacy of data, eliminates the need for connectivity, and significantly reduces memory load and power demands, all without compromising accuracy or performance. XNOR is a venture-funded startup, founded on award-winning research conducted at the University of Washington and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. XNOR’s industry-leading technology is used by global corporations in aerospace, automotive, retail, photography, and consumer electronics.
As a team, we are working to define and solve the hardest problems in computer vision and AI. Our roots are in research, which means at our core, we value learning, intellectual curiosity, and self-starters. We are proud to maintain a high engineering bar as our team scales, and it’s clear to anyone that works with our code that our development process favors quality. The software we write is portable across many platforms with little to no change. Our C++ team is relatively small (< 10), so your initiative and input will deliver meaningful impact to our platform. We stand by the importance of sticking with hard problems and working to solve them semi-autonomously at first. As a team, we are always willing to help but look for people who are committed to figuring things out.
As a startup, we never shoehorn people into fixed roles. At XNOR.AI, there is no hard line between machine learning and engineering. We expect our engineers to understand how deep learning works and our research scientists to be able to code. This shared understanding results in deep collaborations that enable our team to rapidly develop novel models and optimized infrastructures of the highest production quality.
XNOR.ai is looking for a Data Engineer to work with our Machine Learning team in the collection of datasets to support our training pipeline. An ideal candidate has a strong technical background with experience in Python and a working understanding of statistical models. As a Data Engineer at XNOR.ai, this role offers the unique opportunity to learn and grow alongside the Machine Learning team, eventually training, designing, and optimizing models.
- Python programming
- Working understanding of statistical models
- BS, MS or Phd in Computer Science, Data Engineering or related field
- Collect raw, unlabeled data in support of XNOR's training pipeline
- Leverage Amazon Mechanical Turk to scale out data annotation
- Convert datasets into XNOR's internal data format
- Build visualization tools in support of new computer vision use cases
- Perform quality assurance on collected data and trained models
- Work with big datasets of images, videos and audio
Ideal Qualifications (one or more of the following)
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience in Machine Learning and/or Computer Vision
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Comprehensive healthcare plan
- Support for obtaining a visa through its immigration attorney, and pays the necessary expenses
- Unlimited FTO
- Conference travel
- Culture of learning
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Regular team activities
- Standing Desks
- Waterfront views
XNOR.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.